Tuesday, 5 February 2008

2008 Summer Road Trip - Auckland - Done (Yay yay!)

The weather wasn't so great yesterday, but the event made the day special. Yes, it's the first day of the 2008 Summer Road Trip and they were here in Auckland. It's a good experience for me as this is the first time (after at least 10 years) for me to MC in an event with about 200 people. I was quite nervous and actually I had left out something in the Intro and Outro but I think it wasn't too bad.

We had a very little unexpected problem about the venue (see Darryl's blog) but we sort ourselves out. We started the show at 1:30pm. Chris, Jeremy and Alex had given us very informative presentations. They have a very interesting showcase and everyone seems to be impressed. We have pretty good feedback (as far as I can see from the evaluation forms), except, ah, apparently everyone wants a toilet break like me.

It's good to see familiar and unfamiliar faces in the event. I really hope to see all these faces again in our Ellerslie User Group events and have a chance to talk to each. Yesterday was a bit rush and I didn't even have a chance to say hi and bye to my own colleagues (from Olympic Software and friends. So, look forward to meet and talk to everyone in the near future! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment