Tuesday, 5 February 2008

Blah 4 - Girls

Right, it's good to see familiar and unfamiliar faces in the summer road trip event. Among all these faces, one obvious observation I made was the number of girls comparing to the number of guys is still low. Alex and I had been discussing why most of the girls go into industries like accounting and finance. Back in University, 25% of our software engineering class were girls. However it's much less than this percentage in yesterday event.

Last week I had been chatting with Amanda (who organises the Girl Geek Dinners in New Zealand over emails. I didn't go to these dinners before because there's no one (girl) from my company would like to go. Amanda told me that actually a lot of girls didn't come with friends. Umm... although i don't want to be named "geek", but I may consider going to the next one, just to see how many girls in the community, haha. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment