Wednesday, 12 September 2007

Post-.NET User Group 1 - VS 2008 and C#3.0

Thanks for everyone that have attended the .NET User Group meeting held in Olympic Software last night. I was very happy because there are more people than we expected and there are pizzas, haha.

I will try to get Darryl Burling's presentation slide up here later when he has finished his VS 2008 .NET User Group tour these two months. It is not very nice if I ask him for it now and people can get it before his talks. :P

I will post the C# 3.0 cool features and tricks that Alex James showed us here in the upcoming posts. Since Alex didn't have any slides and he is too busy now (see Off to sunny Seattle), I have to dig out what he has said from my little brain. Anyway, will post all (alright, most) of them here soon.

I am very happy to see VS2008 having so many improvements on the design side of things. There are not many developers care about whether things look good or not and about usability issues, but most of them do care about functionality. One of the obvious reason is currently it is very hard to make things look nice. I am very interested to learn about XAML (Silverlight and WPF specifically). It will be good if we can hold XAML based user group here in Auckland as well like Nas Khan is doing in Wellington. The user group in Wellington is called ZamDes (yet for me to find out why).

Andre said I should start blogging about Silverlight. I wish I can really do that soon. :)

2 comments: